Tari's Reviews > Matchmaking Can Be Murder

Matchmaking Can Be Murder by Amanda Flower

bookshelves: 2020-ebooks, preordered, netgalley, 2020-i-spy

I absolutely love this book! From the adorable goats (ok maybe the bishop's wife doesn't think they're adorable) to the new friendship that matchmaker Millie Fisher built with her childhood friend, Lois. Oh my gosh, they were hilarious sleuths, well Lois was the hilarious one, and they were different as night and day. I loved that she kept calling Millie "Amish Marple".

It was great to see already-familiar characters from the Amish Candy shop series like Juliet, Jethro and Aiden Brody (the sheriff, his mom and her little spotted pet pig who was as much of a stinker as those goats!), as well as Clara and Charlotte from the candy shop. But I definitely really like the new character of Lois and even her granddaughter Darcy. And Millie makes an awesome main character!

I had a feeling I knew who was behind a lot of things, although it played out a little differently. I was actually enjoying reading about the sleuthing more than I was trying to figure out whodunit. I'm so anxious now for the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matchmaking Can Be Murder.

November 1, 2019 – Shelved