Jannelies's Reviews > A Minute to Midnight

A Minute to Midnight by David Baldacci

bookshelves: david-baldacci, thriller, netgalley-challenge-before-2020

This second book in the Atlee Pines series sets off where the first one ended. Although there are numerous references to the first book, I think it can be read as a stand alone.
It is very hard to write a review for this book without any spoilers; there are many twists and turns and slowly Atlee starts to unravel what exactly happened on that awful night when she and her sister were only six.
Together with Carol Blum, her very efficient assistant - who is in fact not an FBI agent but just a very efficient and clever administrative assistent, Atlee returns to where it all began. Does she find the answers she is looking for? Yes and no. I have a feeling a third book is necessary to unravel the whole truth.
I think David Baldacci wrote an interesting story and decided to not put everything in just one book but divide it between two - or more - books. The first book was not his best, but it gave the reader a chance to get to know the main character, Atlee, before the real action sets in.
My personal favorite is Carol Blum. She is clever, honest and efficient and sometimes very funny too.

Thanks to Netgalley for the digital copy of this book for reviewing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Minute to Midnight.

October 31, 2019 – Started Reading
November 1, 2019 – Shelved
November 1, 2019 – Finished Reading
November 3, 2019 – Shelved as: david-baldacci
November 3, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller
November 3, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley-challenge-before-2020

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Herbie (new) - added it