Robin Hobb's Reviews > Jane Goes North

Jane Goes North by Joe R. Lansdale

The usual caveat: I received an advance reading copy of this book from Subterranean Press. I've met Joe R. Lansdale several times, read many of his books, and haven't encountered less than satisfaction in any of his tales. I do not think any of the above affects my review of this book.

Jane Goes North is a road trip book. It's a story of a woman bent on revenging herself on her sisters for their slights by showing up at her sister's wedding. She was invited, but knows they never expected her to attend. Down on her luck and with an iffy car, Jane seeks a ride north and finds one, with Henry, a traveling companion you will never forget.

Jane is awful. Henry is just as bad in a different direction. These are not the ladies you'd want at your wedding, but as road trip companions and guides to survival, they are unbeatable. And before the end of the book, you will absolutely love both of them, and be cheering them on.

That's one thing a very good book can do; help you find the friends you'd never discover on your own.

Not for the faint of heart or those who are easily offended. Joe Lansdale writes humanity as it's unvarnished, unpredictable, unbeatable best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Goes North.

Started Reading