Amanda's Reviews > One Week 'Til Christmas

One Week 'Til Christmas by Belinda Missen

I have had the pleasure of reading and reviewing a couple of Belinda’s books now. I have thoroughly enjoyed those that I have read. I read each new book that she releases whilst at the same time trying to catch up with her previous books. I read the synopsis for ‘One Week ‘Til Christmas’ and I just knew that I had to get hold of a copy as soon as possible. ‘One Week ‘Til Christmas’ isn’t officially released until 1st November 2019 but I was fortunate enough to have a sneaky peek at a review copy and oh boy, it is one hell of a read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘One Week ‘Til Christmas’ but more about that in a bit.
I couldn’t help but take to Isobel Bennett from the first moment I met her. She is a travel writer and is frequently sent on overseas assignments. She has come back to the UK to have a much needed break before she goes home to Melbourne for Christmas. Isobel sounds like a lovely young lady. She is very popular and has many friends dotted all around the world. She is naturally a people person. She quite literally bumps into a man called Tom, who she first hears shouting down his mobile about some scandal or other that the tabloids have got hold of regarding his good self. She literally ends up bumping into him and ends up on the deck in a puddle. Even though she has only just met him there’s no denying that there is definite chemistry there and sparks fly between the two. Isobel is handed a work assignment which is to interview Tom!! It’s no wonder that Isobel wonders if she is destined to be with Tom. She has mixed feelings about their potential relationship because she definitely more than likes him but she is only in the UK for a week and she would hate to fall deeply in love with him but then have to split because their long distance relationship doesn’t work. So does Isobel get together with Tom and get the happy ever after ending that she so deserves? Well for the answer to that question and more you are just going to have to read the book for yourselves to find out as I am not going to tell you.
It didn’t take me long at all to get into this book. As soon as I started reading ‘One Week ‘Til Christmas’ I just knew that I would have to read the book in one session. I had taken to the characters so well and so quickly that I just couldn’t put the book to one side. The book wasn’t exactly glued to my hand but it might as well have been because it travelled everywhere with me. I didn’t want to miss a single second of the story. I found that this book made me chuckle on and off all the way through the story. The first time I chuckled was as I read and imagined about Isobel bumping into Tom- quite literally- and she ended up like a turtle on its back kicking her legs in the air. This book was just the tonic I needed on a cold and wet day in the North East of England. It was a fun, light hearted, romantic and amusing read, which didn’t take long to get through. I soon got to the end of the book. I just wish that the book had been longer because I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to either Isobel or Tom.
‘One Week ‘Til Christmas’ is superbly written but then I wouldn’t expect anything else from Belinda Missen. Belinda has a writing style that is easy to get used to and easy to get along with. Reading ‘One Week ‘Til Christmas’ felt more like I was chatting with ta friend rather than reading a book. I hope that makes sense. Belinda certainly knows how to grab your attention from the start and she draws you into the story. She has created likeable and realistic characters and you can’t do anything else but hope for the best for them. Isobel and Tom were so well described that they seemed just as real as you or I. Belinda writes so realistically and uses such vivid descriptions that I really did feel as though I was part of the story myself.
In short, Belinda has done it again and she has written one stonkingly brilliant, fun and festive book, which will melt even the coldest of hearts. I would definitely recommend Belinda’s books to other readers. I can’t wait to read more of Belinda’s work in the future. The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 5* out of 5*.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Week 'Til Christmas.

October 31, 2019 – Started Reading