Kristen Burns's Reviews > On Wings of Bone and Glass

On Wings of Bone and Glass by M.C.A. Hogarth

3.5 Stars

Review:
This was a slow-paced series, but this last book did have more action, what with some big battles being fought. There was also a lot of political strive to deal with though, and I appreciated that the author didn't just skip over all of that after the battle had ended.

I will admit there were some things I didn't quite understand, mostly in regards to Sedetnet (however that's spelled, I listened to the audiobook) and his motivation and plans. I always found him to be an interesting character though.

Speaking of the characters, the main group were a very compassionate, intelligent, introspective bunch. Maybe a little too much for believability at times---they seemed to handle everything thrown at them with perfect grace and growth, aside from Kalu---but I wasn't really bothered by it. And it was nice to read about such a close-knit group and to feel all the love among them.

And, once again, I thought Phillip Battley did a wonderful job of narrating the audiobook.

Overall, I enjoyed this series. It had elves and magic and compassionate characters and sweet friendships, and this final book wrapped everything up nicely.

Recommended For:
Fans of Books 1 & 2 in M.C.A. Hogarth's Blood Ladders Trilogy. Anyone who likes high fantasy, magic, characters with disabilities, and compassionate characters.

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Wings of Bone and Glass.

October 16, 2019 – Started Reading