Tonya's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

12942059

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles is a fun time travel romance novel. Ashley is such a realistic woman from our modern times. She just went through a divorce, she doesn't seem to get along with her family now that her ex turned them against her...and she is paying her ex husband's bad debts. Tired of working two jobs and living in a pod in urban America,. Ashley applies to a job offer on Craig's List.

What she thinks is a job offer is actually a marriage offer to a Scottish man from the past who needs a wife to have his kids. Sooner than she can process his cute accent and manly swagger, Ashley is in the past with Connell. The chemistry between them sizzles and they have many obstacles to overcome. The communication issues between them are hilarious as this is as much a romantic comedy as a time travel novel.

The most intriguing character in the novel is the Druid, Mungan and The Emperor Norton. I find myself wanting to read novels about them as they are mysterious and fascinating!

Overall an enjoyable read!! Will definitely read more novels by Angela Quarles .

Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced reader copy of Some Like it Plaid for me to read and enjoy. As always, my opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

Finished Reading