Rain ~miss kinky knickers~'s Reviews > Club Shadowlands

Club Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair

7194135
Mar 29, 2012

bookshelves: adult, bdsm

Oh, the beginning is such a cliche. It's cliche of the cliche. But, then again, those car/phone/whatever malfunctions are pretty good starting points. And, you've gotta start somewhere, right?
Since this is quite a short story, there wasn't a lot of space to explore, wander, develop... So, yeah, I wish it was just a teensy-weensy longer.
And, that would be that - when it comes to my "didn't like it" section.

I did like Club Shadowlands, on the overall. The BDSM part is way beyond light. And, although it's still not even close to kinky and intense as it could be, some may have a problem with that. I didn't, because it's done good, and it's explained even better - which is essential.
Master Z is attentive, sexy, powerful, demanding kind of guy, and a stray cat savior.
Jessica, on the other hand, is practical, obviously almost vanilla kind of girl, that jumps straight into the... well, Shadowlands.

What troubled me all through the book was the fact that - despite liking the characters - I still felt kind of detached. Not sure why, but oh well... it happens.
That said, I'll recommend this to all of you that like a kinky fuc*ery story, and hope you'll enjoy it to the fullest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Club Shadowlands.

message 1: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Rain!

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Thanks, Baba! I'm glad you like it!