Tari's Reviews > Death Bee Comes Her

Death Bee Comes Her by Nancy CoCo

bookshelves: preordered, 2020-print-book, 2019-i-spy

I'm loving this new series set in a coastal Oregon town named Oceanview. It sounded like tons of fun being around Halloween and having a whole week for people to get dressed up and let the kids go trick or treating to the shops. Poor Wren's only problem was that she was practically accused of murder, and the police had to seize a third of her inventory.

Wren wasn't one to give up easily, so with the help of her awesome aunt Eloise and her sweet cat Everett, she set out to find the person who was the real killer and appeared to be trying to frame Wren for murder. There were so many great red herrings and suspects that I was never sure who I thought did it.

I loved the main characters of Wren, Aunt Eloise, Everett and Porsche! Porsche made a great bestie and sleuthing buddy. I'm always rooting and doing the happy dance when anyone in the cast is into technology, but I especially enjoy it when it's a senior member of that cast like Aunt Eloise. She had a good healthy knowledge of new and old school knowing that both could come in handy.

An extra treat at the end of the book was the first chapter from the next Candy-Coated mystery! I'm so anxious now for that to come out and for the second book in this series!

Reminder, this is a B&N exclusive for a year, so if you want to read it, you'll need to get the paperback. I haven't seen it even there in digital format. I ordered the book but I had received an ARC paperback from the publisher which I voluntarily read and reviewed. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Bee Comes Her.

October 31, 2019 – Shelved