Brenda's Reviews > Charlotte Pass

Charlotte Pass by Lee Christine

bookshelves: 2020-release, aussie-authors, mystery, romantic-suspense, 5000-2020, arc, own-read, suspense

Ski patroller Vanessa Bell was shocked when she found human bones at Charlotte Pass ski resort. They were high up on Mount Stilwell in an area near the old abandoned chair lift and when it was determined the body was of a young woman who went missing back in 1964, little did Vanessa realise her life was about to change dramatically. Homicide Detective Sergeant Pierce Ryder from Sydney arrived with his partner to begin the investigation and when the forensic pathologist informed him the victim had been murdered, the investigation took a different turn.

Snow, deep and isolating was at the forefront of the annual Winterfest celebrations, and guests and skiers were everywhere. The detective who had been on the case back in 1964 had arrived to offer his knowledge and assistance to Ryder and as Lewicki had been his mentor, he was welcomed with open arms. Just when Ryder wondered where to turn next, another murder occurred. The killer was close – would they find who it was? Would they stop the person who had killed again after so long, before it happened again?

Charlotte Pass by Aussie author Lee Christine was an excellent read. Fast paced, plenty of twists with beautiful, dramatic scenery, I felt I was there – wished I was there! Vanessa was a good, strong character with a level head in trying conditions; a caring person whose life seemed full of adventure. I thoroughly enjoyed Charlotte Pass – the mystery, intrigue and gripping suspense - set high up in the Snowy Mountains of Australia, and have no hesitation in recommending it highly. I hope the author continues with these characters as I feel it’d make a great series.

With thanks to Allen & Unwin for my ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charlotte Pass.

October 30, 2019 – Shelved
January 25, 2020 – Started Reading
January 25, 2020 – Shelved as: own-read
January 25, 2020 – Shelved as: suspense
January 26, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Dale Harcombe I agree Brenda, an excellent read. And oh, for that cold today instead of this heat,

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Barrie I'm really looking forward to this one. Lee is an amazing writer.

Brenda Dale wrote: "I agree Brenda, an excellent read. And oh, for that cold today instead of this heat,"

Yes, wouldn't it be heavenly Dale!

Brenda Sarah wrote: "I'm really looking forward to this one. Lee is an amazing writer."

You'll love it Sarah :) It's by far Lee's best yet!

message 5: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne We used to go to Charlotte Pass when the kids were kids! It is a really beautiful spot!

Brenda Ive never been but would love to. I think you'd enjoy this one Phrynne, good suspense, little romance.

message 7: by Misty (new)

Misty Wow! This sounds like a definite “need to read”! Awesome review!

Brenda Thank you Misty! Lovely of you to say :)

message 9: by Belinda (new) - added it

Belinda On my list 🌹

Brenda Enjoy Belinda :)

Kylie D Great review Brenda, I've got this one coming up :)

Brenda Oooh enjoy Kylie!! Thanks :)