Nicole Emerald Book Reviews McCurdy's Reviews > Geektastic

Geektastic by Mary Frame

Emerald Book Reviews

Geektastic by Mary Frame

‘“This should be weird.  Why isn’t this weird?” He runs his nose along my jaw and kisses me under the ear.  “Because it’s us.”

Us.

The word moves down my chest and settles somewhere inside my body, humming with truth.’

After having devoured the first book in this series, Ridorkulous a few months ago, I was ecstatic to discover that Jude and Annabel were getting their own story in Geektastic.  Jude was such an enigma in Ridorkulous, brash, over-the-top and charismatic so I was beyond intrigued to see who he was underneath all of the bright lights and showmanship.

What we have been given is a truly fascinating, charming and sincere hero.  Jude is a man with a flair for bewitching and beguiling women and men, his personality strong and shining so to witness the vulnerability and edge of insecurity within him when it comes to wanting Annabel, it somehow made me fall in love with him that much faster and harder, particularly when he would smile wickedly and tempt Annabel by calling her, ‘darlin’,  in that deep, sexy voice of his.

The contrast of these two protagonists is done to perfection.  They are as different as night and day. Where Jude is personable, magnetic and alluring, Annabel is definitely much more prickly in nature, defensive and suspicious.  She hides behind sarcasm and her sharp wit, but it’s when Jude slowly begins to penetrate through her carefully formed walls that her real character starts to beam through.  She is scared, lonely, trying to navigate through a past that left a mark on her, unable to really trust or let herself fall in love. But the one thing that rings true from beginning to end is just how intelligent and independent her character is.  As the two of them are repeatedly thrown together, investigating, plotting and saving the day, their attraction and sexual chemistry becomes more tangible and harder to ignore.

Author Mary Frame is a word fairy when it comes to comedy, romance and delayed gratification.  She is the queen of the slow burn rom-com, which she proves once more with this amazing, light-hearted, wickedly smart love story.

Geektastic is a beautifully written romance with style, substance and a gorgeous happy ever after.  The journey is so much fun, just getting to that HEA point, that you have no choice but to let the plot and an array of engaging characters just dance you away, scene after scene.  It’s a wonderful blend of fun, sexy, mesmerising and dazzling and I really hope readers enjoy both books in this terrific duet, as much as I have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geektastic.

Finished Reading