Nicole Hewitt's Reviews > Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice

Becoming RBG by Debbie Levy

bookshelves: own, fiction-addiction-read

This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Okay, confession: I probably would have never read a regular biography of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Not because I doubt that she's a fascinating person, but just because biographies don't really interest me. And, with so many great fiction books on my TBR, I just don't get around to reading much non-fiction. But put a biography of an interesting person in graphic novel form, and I'm suddenly all excited! And I am so glad that this showed up in my mailbox because it was a fascinating read!

I knew a little bit about RBG (in the current political climate, I've paid a bit more attention to the supreme court than I had in the past), but I didn't realize just how involved she was in key cases that brought more gender equality to our country. The book also gives us insight into RBG's early life and her mother's battle with cancer. I found RBG's life truly inspiring, and it gives me hope for the future of our world---it's good to see how far we've come and to focus on someone who is fighting for justice and equality in our world. I also thought it was wonderful that the book highlights a friendship with a judge whose views do not match RBG's---in today's political climate, it's become harder and harder to show respect and empathy toward people with opposing views. I loved just about everything about this book!

I should also mention that the artwork is wonderful, with a clean style that works especially well for middle grade.

***Disclosure: I received this book for free from the publisher for review purposes. No other compensation was given and all opinions are my own.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming RBG.

October 30, 2019 – Started Reading