Brandy's Reviews > Empty

Empty by K.M. Walton

Mar 29, 2012

Recommended for: Everyone
Read from March 29 to 30, 2012

Wow, what an amazing, relatable, and powerful story. Adele, a 17 year old overweight high school student, falls into a deep, dark depression after her father cheats on and divorces her mother. Her once perfect, athletic, skinny life, now ruined falls apart around her. Not only does Adele have to deal with the problems of home life she deals with bullying and horrific comments about her weight made by her classmates. When things couldn't get any worse Adele is accused of raping the jock of her high school when in reality it was him who raped her. Enough is enough and Adele has to take action. I won't tell you more because I would ruin the ending.

A must read for any middle school or high school student. The author really captures the every day happenings of a high school teen and what Adele is going through. A truly remarkable story. My heart really went out to Adele and I wanted to go through the book and just hug her and tell her everything will be fine. I think this should be mandatory read for all students, maybe then readers will understand that words really do hurt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empty.

03/29/2012 page 119