MJSH's Reviews > A Gift Like No Other

A Gift Like No Other by Julie Lessman

bookshelves: book-tours, read-2019

Julie Lessman’s books are powerful, deeply moving, thought-provoking, inspirational and beautifully romantic. And this Christmas novella just proves her mastery with words and emotions. This book is Christmas novella #5 in the O’Connor family series with six full-length novels in addition to the novellas. I actually haven’t read any of the books in the series but now feel the overwhelming urge to read all of them after finishing this novella. This can be read and fully enjoyed as a stand-alone. If you love Christmas novellas, especially historical ones, you will absolutely love this book.

This story focuses on Faith, the oldest O’Connor daughter, and Collin who have been married for 17 years. Their marriage is passionate, all-consuming, and fulfilling but they tumble into problems of married life that attack their heart, mind, spirit, and faith. The characters and plot address the sanctity and beauty of marriage and ways to keep marriage as a reflection of God’s love. Reading about married love and commitment was quite refreshing and I was gently reminded of the pitfalls that we can avoid in a married relationship.

I received a copy of the book from author/publisher via Singing Librarian Books Tour and was under no obligation to post a positive review. All comments and opinions are solely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gift Like No Other.

October 30, 2019 – Started Reading