Red Cheeks Reads's Reviews > Overnight Service

Overnight Service by Lauren Blakely

5 SMOOCHES!

It’s no secret that I’m a huge Lauren Blakely fan. One of her books and my reading chair is definitely my happy place. Her writing brings me so much pleasure, and it’s because her stories are so much more than simple romantic comedies or contemporary romances. Richly told love stories centered around a couple that the reader is invested in immediately, bursting with romance and pulse-pounding passion and swirled together with interesting and original plots, wonderful side characters and fun, quirky details. A Blakely novel is a not-to-be-missed reading experience for a romantic fiction fan.

Overnight Service is dubbed as an enemies-to-lovers workplace romance, but it is so much more than that! Successful sports agents at rival firms, Josh and Haven are constantly competing against each other for a lot of the same clients. At one time they worked for the same firm where Josh was Haven’s mentor, and during that time, their attraction grew, and their relationship evolved into that of lovers. Before it all fell apart, they were on the cusp of something serious.

Blakely just has a way with her heroes. While this story is told in dual points of view, the bulk of the story is from Josh’s perspective. She captures the male viewpoint and experience so vividly and genuinely. It always feels authentic, and hands-down, this is my favorite quality about Lauren Blakely’s writing. She’s known for her sexy, confident, no-nonsense, mature male leads, and let me tell you, Lauren has written some swoon-worthy heroes in her career. Josh Summers will go down as one of the swooniest. This man made my heart-race and my knees weak with how in love he was with Haven, and I enjoyed sifting through his thoughts and feelings right along with him. That’s just something that Blakely does so incredibly well. She takes readers right into the minds of her heroes, and they’re never left guessing what one of them is thinking, feeling, wanting or meaning.

Overnight Service was a fiery, passionate love story between a hotter than sin hero and his perfect counterpart. It was romantic, it was blisteringly hot, and I enjoyed every single second of Josh and Haven’s sexy second-chance romance. Five smooches from me for Overnight Service by Lauren Blakely!
~Danielle Palumbo

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overnight Service.

Finished Reading