Roberta Blablanski's Reviews > Take a Hint, Dani Brown

Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert

71192752

bookshelves: arc-for-review, mf, poc, series, bisexual, fake-relationship
Read 2 times. Last read April 20, 2020 to April 26, 2020.

Take a Hint, Dani Brown is another smash by Talia Hibbert for me. It's snarky and funny and sharp, and I just adore her characters.

One of the best things about Hibbert's M/F romances is that they aren't the stereotypical weak woman needing to be rescued by the domineering man who never treats her as an equal. Dani and Zaf are on equal footing here. They both have issues to overcome, but they never--not once--treat the other as inferior or with little respect.

Their snarky banter disguised as flirting is so damn adorable. One part that was particularly poignant for me was when Zaf and Dani are discussing Zaf's affinity for romance novels:

"...I'll buy you a copy. No spoilers"

"Except for the happy ending."

He laughed.. "That's not a spoiler. That's a safety net."

And safety net it is. We all know, generally speaking, that the main characters in a romance story will find their happily ever after. It's the journey to that HEA and compelling characters that keep the reader interested. Hibbert hits all the marks here.

Another thing I love about Tibbert's stories is the rep you may not normally see in traditional romance novels. Take a Hint has bi rep, person of color rep, anxiety rep, to name a few.

I really do love the Brown sisters, their family, and their friends. I'm definitely looking forward to Eve's story.

To end my review, I leave you with one of my favorite lines form the book:

Faces were for sitting on, not for kissing.

Oh, Dani! You are too much!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take a Hint, Dani Brown.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
October 29, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 25, 2020 – Shelved as: bisexual
April 25, 2020 –
April 25, 2020 –
April 26, 2020 – Finished Reading
June 22, 2020 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
June 22, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)