Sue Lutz's Reviews > Masks

Masks by Kenzie Macallan

F 50x66

Let me start off by saying that this is the third in a series and I have not read the first two. But, that did not take away from the story and I definitely want to go back and read all the books in order. I really enjoyed Raquelle and Misha’s story. Raquelle’s backstory, I’m sure, was developed in the first two books. This story seemed to focus more on the development of the hero’s character. Michael (Misha) Raines is the CEO of one of the top investment firms in New York City. Unfortunately, this 36-year old CEO is still firmly under the thumb of his father. Every morning Misha gets a call from his father telling him how to run the business. Misha is straining to break free of his father’s control and starts his rebellion in a very passive/aggressive manner. His father has been pestering him to have his portrait done so he hires relatively unknown painter Raquelle Luccenzo because he knows his father wouldn’t like her technique. Raquelle has her own daddy issues and is trying to step out from underneath the shadow of her famous artist father. To make her situation worse, she finds out that her father was murdered. In the course of trying to find out who murdered her father, Raquelle ends up spying on Misha to get information on what their fathers were mixed up in together. They both learn things about their fathers that they would have rather not known and Misha’s whole existence is knocked off its foundation.

I received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed this story greatly and am eager to go back and read the series from the beginning.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masks.

October 22, 2019 – Started Reading