Ariela Weinberger's Reviews > How Fires End

How Fires End by Marco Rafalà

U 50x66

How Fire's End is more than just another novel about the Italian immigrant experience. It's an exciting story of love, friendship, and how one's family history shapes who we become. I could not put it down.

When I first started the book, I wasn't sure I would connect to the characters, as I did not know much about the Sicilian American experience. But boy was I wrong. The author, Marco Rafalà, does an incredible job of bringing the reader into the story through his use of language (both English and Italian) and by playing with the readers sense of time (both present and past). I also loved how in-depth the author described life in Italy, making you feel as though you were re-living the experiences with the characters.

My only gripe? It will make you hungry! Like with the rest of the book, Rafalà ensures that every recipe is described to the point that you could be eating the fold yourself. It's amazing!

My suggestion, make sure you make a reservation at a delicious Italian restaurant when you're done. Can’t wait to see what’s next for the author!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Fires End.

Finished Reading