D.K. Hundt's Reviews > The Museum of Desire

The Museum of Desire by Jonathan Kellerman

bookshelves: netgalley

‘Lieutenant Milo Sturgis has solved a lot of murder cases. On many of them—the ones he calls “different”—he taps the brain of brilliant psychologist Dr. Alex Delaware. But neither Alex nor Milo are prepared for what they find on an early morning call to a deserted mansion in Bel Air. This one’s beyond different...’

One of my favorites parts about reading books in a series is watching the character development throughout each book, and I like the rapport between Dr. Alex Delaware and Detective Milo Sturgis, which has me wondering if their early days of investigating crimes together were always this seamless or were there bumps along the way.

THE MUSEUM OF DESIRE is the thirty-fifth novel in the Alex Delaware Series, though it is the first that I have read, I am looking forward to canvassing my local library and used bookstores in search of books one through thirty-four.

If you like not-so-bloody-heavy-on-the-bizarre-murder-mysteries, then I think you will like this book.

Is it an electrifying-pulse-throbbing-psychological-thrill-ride-a-minute???????

No, but I enjoyed the bloody hell out of it!

THE MUSEUM OF DESIRE, read easily as a stand-alone, however, based on the last few pages it’s evident that new readers like myself diving into this (or any) series from the newest release (#35), or somewhere in the middle, are missing out on a much bigger story - only to be found in the previous books - and I for one am looking forward to catching up starting with book one WHEN THE BOUGH BREAKS.

Thank you, NetGalley and Ballantine Books, for loaning me an advance eBook of THE MUSEUM OF DESIRE in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Museum of Desire.

October 29, 2019 – Shelved