Catherine's Reviews > The Dive From Clausen's Pier

The Dive From Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer

Jul 13, 2007

it was ok
Read in December, 2006

UG! I can't put into words my utter disappointment with the main character Carrie. I actually wanted her to come to life so I could bitch slap her. I don't want to divulge too much for I might ruin the ending for those who want to read it (please don't). The story had merit, the writing was good, but the ending was utterly incomprehensible to me. I actually felt trapped as if the main character were making life decisions for me. I felt doomed to a life without personal growth. rrrgg.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dive From Clausen's Pier.

03/03/2016 marked as: read

Colleen Just finished this and asked myself, why did I bother. Carrie so disappointed me. What is she going to do - just keep having lunch with Mike forever???

Sandy Nah, someday she's going to date someone else and she and Mike are going to realize they just can't be with anyone else. Carrie will bust out that gold nightgown she made and she'll do some research and take Dave King's advice and find a way to make "it" work.

Sandy Remember, the author pointed out that Harvey had regained some feeling in places that previously were completely dead. Mike could too.