Shades N Pages 's Reviews > Teach Me

Teach Me by Alexandria  House

Read 2 times. Last read November 4, 2019.

Teach Me is the first audible original by this author and I had no doubts(snaps fingers) that she was going to BRING IT(Gabriel Unions voice). Nadia is 29 year old African American college professor punishing herself by living a bland, boring and predictable life. She convinced herself that it’s atonement for past mistakes. In her class, she meets Nathan Moore. He is a retired football player, psychology major and a single dad.He is a sexy dreadhead(we love those) and you guessed it, THE BOY’S GOT HIS OWN MONEY(get it?). They embark on a romantic journey but personal issues and life’s hardships could possible drive them apart.

When I started this audiobook, I was prepared for a forbidden love story between the professor and her student; nothing could have prepared for this story. I absolutely LOVED IT. This book was amazing for reason’s beside the steamy sex. I loved the slow attraction between the characters and the realistic reactions they had to situations. Nadia and Nate were two lively characters with relatable yet unusual backstories.

I loved how she weaved in the past characters throughout the story. It was great catching up and the placement was just right. There were some thrilling twists in this story that had me on the edge of my seat begging for more. The best part of this book was the authors ability to weave an amazing love story incorporating current issues and special needs characters in a way that didn’t overwhelm me. I loved this story and I highly recommend that you read it. I mean, why not?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teach Me.

October 29, 2019 – Started Reading