Movies, Shows,'s Reviews > Shadows

Shadows by Kristen Proby

Note: This Review contains NO spoilers

Oh, how I love a good ghost story, and with a touch of romance, too! And, that's what I got when I read Shadows ! From the prologue to the epilogue, the intensity was consistently increasing with every turn of the page. Shadows gave me a Ghost Whisperer -esque feel to it. Love that TV series, by the way. Not just that, it also gave me a True Blood -ish or The Originals -ish, too. Well, the seasons with all those witches, but without all those other supernaturals. Anyways, Kristen Proby's descriptive world-building and well-developed characters allowed me to "picture" it in my head, almost "whisking" me away to "walk" with these characters. This is such a twisted ghost story with a touch of romance .... AND, I LOVED IT!

Shadows is definitely perfect for the Halloween season! With the elements of suspense, horror, and mystery, this story kept me at the "edge of my seat" and with bated breath that got me getting chills and goosebumps. I also liked that the quick romance was subtle, yet, very present. What a crazy and scary whirlwind love affair this was! The romance was sweet and heartwarming. There were moments that got me teary-eyed, too! Yup!

But.... That epilogue!?!? Wow! That so got me holding my breath! I think I did stop breathing when I read that last sentence... Haha! There better be another book coming... Shadows ended with "unfinished business." Now, my heart is racing with anticipation and anxiety. What could that ending mean... to these characters!?! Need the next book to find out!!!

Reviewer: Jasmine
Disclaimer: We received a free copy for an honest review. All is my own opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows.

October 22, 2019 – Started Reading