Aleson Alexander's Reviews > Play With Us: An Urban Foursome Game Night Fantasy

Play With Us by Brianna Skylark

bookshelves: fun

This book was very enjoyable to read. It has a slow build-up but it's a very pleasant journey. All of the action is driven by the women, Emilia and Amy, but that shouldn't confuse you into thinking that these are female-led relationships. They come across as quite balanced actually. It's written as if the husbands are both acutely aware that for the relationship to form in a sustainable way, that it must be driven by the wive's mutual attraction. There is a lot of flirting and teasing, and in fact, one of the characters complains about just that and how the situation makes that virtually unbearable at times. I can certainly empathize with their view. I'd be quite frustrated if I was in their position as well.

There are a few things that did strike me, but I don't think that they detracted from the story. For example, much ado is made about Cassian's length, yet Amy easily took him fully in a single thrust. The same with Mark's girth and Emilia's anal penetration. There are often elements glossed over in stories with a high focus on romance, but the men's physical attributes are iterated enough that I would have liked to see a bit more reaction from women with regard to them. Those issues aside, it's a great story and well worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Play With Us.

October 26, 2019 – Started Reading