Brenda's Reviews > The River Home

The River Home by Hannah Richell

When Margot Sorrell received the text from her sister Lucy, saying “please come home, I need you”, she knew she had to return to Lucy’s side. The heartbreak of the past that she’d buried so deeply wouldn’t stop her returning to the family home and celebrating Lucy’s sudden and unexpected wedding. The estrangement from her mother Kit, the tension with her father, her need to see their eldest sister Eve – surely for a few days Margot could hold it all together.

Windfalls was the home they had all grown up in. Situated beside the river that had featured so largely in their childhood; their lives - still flowing silently as it always had. Could Margot spend the following few days with her family in a place that held good memories as well as bad? For Lucy she would do her best. But immediately it seemed it would be harder than she thought it would be. The bitterness and anger were still there, the heartache and confusion still on their faces. Would Margot ever find peace again?

The River Home by Aussie author Hannah Richell was an emotional read about a family broken, seemingly beyond repair, and the courage and love it takes to mend what many years had shattered. A beautiful story which tugged at the heartstrings, The River Home is one I highly recommend.

With thanks to Hachette AU for my ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The River Home.

October 28, 2019 – Shelved
February 17, 2020 – Shelved as: own-read
February 17, 2020 – Shelved as: sent-by-publisher
February 17, 2020 – Shelved as: reviewing-by-request
February 18, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Helen Fabulous review Brenda, this is one that I too loved

have Fun

Helen

Brenda Thanks Helen, yes it was great!

message 3: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Harcombe Beautiful review Brenda.

Brenda Thanks Dale :)

message 5: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ Awesome review, Brenda.

message 6: by Icewineanne (new) - added it

Icewineanne Another added to my list! I really must stop reading your reviews Brenda 😂

message 7: by MaryG2E (new) - added it

MaryG2E Great review Brenda.

Brenda Thanks Diane, Anne and Mary :) And LOL Anne!!! I'm glad I'm adding to your TBR ;)