Kristen Hogrefe's Reviews > Unseasonable: A Novel of Sisterhood, Storms, Sunblock, and the Occasional Christmas Celebration

Unseasonable by Ruth  Buchanan

Ann has more on her plate than setting up her Christmas tree and getting ready for her sister’s wedding in three weeks. There’s an unseasonably late hurricane heading toward Florida, and she’s in charge of the horses on the estate she manages. To add to the drama is a colleague who’s endearingly bad at flirting and a neighboring ranch owner who leaves his horses unattended in the storm.

Buchanan continues the laugh-out-loud humor from the other books in her Collapsible series with situations so ridiculous yet life-like we readers can’t help but relate and sympathize. Despite the craziness, her characters approach the unseasonable drama with the assurance that God is in control.

I especially enjoyed the sisterly banter and relational growth between Ann and Rachel. As a Florida girl myself, I also empathized with the unseasonable weather Florida can bring and especially appreciated the idea that Christmas isn’t confined to our seasonal ideals.

Regardless of the climate where you live, Unseasonable is the perfect read for those needing a “break” and some humor this Christmas.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unseasonable.

October 28, 2019 – Shelved