Barb Lie's Reviews > The Christmas Keeper

The Christmas Keeper by Jenn McKinlay

The Christmas Keeper by Jenn McKinlay is the 2nd book in her Happily Ever After series. This was a fun sweet Christmas spirited romance, with a great couple and wonderful secondary characters, many of whom we met in the previous book.

Savannah (Savy) Wilson, our heroine, is helping her best friend Maisy (previous book heroine) with her new bookstore. Savy lost her publicity job in New York, and is pining to return to the city she loves. While enjoying her reading, working with her friends; Savy tries to avoid the looks given her by the handsome hunky cowboy, Joaquin.

Joaquin (Quino) Solis, our hero, is known by his friends as a womanizer, but the woman he desires the most, totally ignores him. He can’t understand why Savy isn’t attracted to him, and does every thing to try to win her over. Though when both discover that Maisy might have issues with money, they begin to work together to find ways to help. In a short time, Savy gives in to the sizzling chemistry between her and Quino, and a friendship with benefits begins, with both knowing that Savy will eventually return to New York

Savy was a wonderful heroine, who was fun, smart, and independent. Quino was also a great hero, who was not only loyal and caring to his younger sister, but was determined to win Savy. I thought that McKinlay gives us a great group of recurring characters, especially the wonderful women such as Savy, Maisy, Jeri, Hannah.

What follows is a sweet fun story, with some emotional moments, as Quino’s fear for his sister Desi caused him to realize that he needed to get beyond his own issues from losing his parents. This was a nice element to the story. I also enjoyed the story line with the famous well known author, who was a recluse, but with Savy and Quino working with her, she too came out of her rut. Nicely done. Will Savy return to New York and leave Quino?

The Christmas Keeper was a wonderful story, with a fabulous sexy couple, the backdrop of the romance bookstore and famous author, and great secondary characters. If you enjoy a sweet fun pure romance, you need to read this book written so very well by Jenn McKinlay.

Barb
The Reading Cafe

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Keeper.

Started Reading