Christina McDonald's Reviews > Good Girls Lie

Good Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison

bookshelves: creepy-thriller, well-written-characters, psychological
Read 2 times. Last read October 28, 2019.

“There are truths, and there are lies, and then there is everything that really happened, which is where you and I will meet.”

Tightly plotted and brilliantly executed, this story of secrets, hazing, suicides and murder is told in the most evocative way. I could practically hear the bells chiming in the bell tower, feel the chill of the old stone walls, sense the menace from the secret societies.

Like Mean Girls or Gossip Girl set in a gothic boarding school, Good Girls Lie is filled with bullies and spoiled rich kids all living within the walls of an elite, all-girls school. Ash arrives after witnessing the death of her mother and father, but she, too, is carrying secrets.

But when her roommate is found dead, the close scrutiny may bring her secrets into the light. And Ash soon learns that someone is plotting against her behind the scenes. Someone who knows everything she’s tried so hard to keep hidden.

The alternating points of view made me question everything I thought I knew, with twists I didn’t see coming and a finish that was both outstanding and utterly creepy.

A deliciously devious page-turner with evocative world building and suspense that will keep you up long into the night.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Girls Lie.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
Started Reading
October 28, 2019 – Shelved
October 28, 2019 – Shelved as: creepy-thriller
October 28, 2019 – Shelved as: well-written-characters
October 28, 2019 – Shelved as: psychological
October 28, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
October 28, 2019 – Finished Reading