Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Oopsie Daisy

Oopsie Daisy by Iris Morland

"Honestly, if anyone knew how many voices I had in my head I’d probably be committed."

And that my reading friends, is the most authentic introduction to Kate Wright that I can conjure. That line instantly connected me to Kate - because heck, as an avid reader I have many voices in my head too. The thing with Kate is that MOST of her dialogue is not inner at all, she's very much an open book and I am super excited to have her story. Given Kate's unique brand of "Moxy," there are a few things that I found surprising. She's entertaining, to say the least, but she's also more vulnerable than I ever imagined.

The youngest of the Wright daughters, Kate, was herself an ooops baby and while she doesn't seem maternal at all, she is clearly headed there. And the schmexy Irish man who is her baby daddy, Lochlann, is also a graduate advisor, making this is a forbidden love story. It just takes a bit to get to the love part, making a slow burn story as well. The fact these two can't keep their hands off each other only heightens the combination of illicit and funny/laugh out loud reading experience.

That said, there are a few moments with Kate that I wanted to shake her, and I would say most would find her initial reaction to finding Lochlann in the office as her professor a little off-putting. She's a smart girl, but clearly not great at the thinking on her feet where her emotions are involved. But I love her heart and her intentions. The entire situation is fraught with consequences and as Lochlann tries to do the right thing, he slowly learns it's not exactly cut and dry as to what that is.

As expected this was a light yet emotional read. I love the Wright daughters, the parents and the men that have ended up in their lives and have really enjoyed each of their books. Iris Morland was a new to me author when I started this series and I am so glad to have found her.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oopsie Daisy.

October 27, 2019 – Started Reading