Kristi's Reviews > Not-Quite-Supermodel

Not-Quite-Supermodel by Kathy Tong

bookshelves: arc-reviewer, chic-lit, contemporary-fiction

Alex is just an ordinary girl with some quirkish behaviors. She goes to NYC to become a model and one embarrassing thing after another happens to her and she starts to believe that maybe modeling isn't the thing for her. This story was so fun and entertaining to read!

It was so easy to like Alex, the main character of this book. She's your typical everyday gal. She has flaws, quirks, and isn't a model. That doesn't stop her from trying to start a career in a new country and NYC of all places!!! Alex was easy to relate to and empathize with as her story unfolded. There is a cast of supporting characters for readers to love and hate right along with Alex.

I enjoyed the author's way of telling the story. She made me feel as if I were there right beside Alex experiencing the model life with her. The ups and downs are portrayed in a way that is totally realistic. The story is told at a pace that keeps it interesting and kept my interest.

This book has that Devil Wears Prada feel to it so if you like that book or movie you are sure to love Not-Quite-Supermodel. Just be prepared for some laughs and tears!! Happy reading!!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book and was not required to write a review. All opinions are mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not-Quite-Supermodel.

October 21, 2019 – Started Reading