Donna (More Than a Review)'s Reviews > A Texas Kind of Christmas

A Texas Kind of Christmas by Jodi Thomas

2219399

A Texas Kind of Christmas includes three stories that are set in 1859 Dallas, at the St. Nicholas Hotel. What makes it even more special is when you realize that Sara, the owner of the St. Nicholas hotel was a real person. Her story is fascinating.

My favorite was One Night at the St. Nicholas by Jodi Thomas. She continues to amaze and fascinate me at how she captures my attention in every book to the point I don’t want to put the book down. She has an amazing storytelling talent. This story has two couples that are just perfectly suited for each other. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Jacqueline playing out her story as she saves him. And how the other couple join in to help her. The purchase of the book is worth Jodi’s story alone.

However you get two additional stories that are sweet holiday reads.
Birdie’s Flight by Celia Bonaduce was an enjoyable read. I started to wonder if seamstress Ms Quigley was a fairy Godmother. Birdie is on the run and wants to stay as hidden as possible. Fainting in front of a handsome military officer is not the way to go about it. Birdie becomes a seamstress at St Nicholas during the Christmas season.

The final story; Spirit of Texas by Rachael Miles takes us through the rugged Texas terrain as we make our way to the St. Nicholas hotel. Texas Ranger Asher has agreed to take Eugenie to her mother. Both are holding on to secrets that will need to be revealed for them to have a future.

I received this book from Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review.
You can see my full review at More Than a Review dot com where I rate the level of sex, violence, language and drug/alcohol use in books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Texas Kind of Christmas.

Finished Reading