Carole Jarvis's Reviews > The Painted Castle

The Painted Castle by Kristy Cambron

2054668

bookshelves: inspirational, romance

Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/35CnbHK

Kristy Cambron excels at the split-time novel, a form I have always enjoyed, but even more so in Cambron’s talented hands. Each of her novels has been a masterpiece, but the Lost Castle series has especially resonated with me. While The Painted Castle beautifully concludes the series, I wish it could go on and on.

The Painted Castle enveloped me in three time periods – Victorian England, World War II, and current day. Three strong women captured my heart and imagination as they journeyed through painful loss with the determination to heal, and then learned to love again. This is such an evocative, atmospheric novel, with each era realistically and vividly conveyed. The three time periods are seamlessly connected, not only through the richly developed characters, but through an English estate, beekeeper’s cottage, library, and an intimate painting of Queen Victoria. I was fully invested in each era, with my favorite being whichever one I was reading at the time. Cambron has crafted a story rich with emotion and chemistry between each hero and his leading lady.

Best of all was the way the faith element was woven into the threads of this story, coming across as a natural part of their lives. This quote is so very true: “What lasts isn't what we build on our own, but the stories He builds within and around us."

Highly recommended.

I received a copy of this book through Celebrate Lit and Thomas Nelson. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Painted Castle.

Started Reading