Nicole's Reviews > The Thing About the Truth

Mar 28, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: realistic, clueless-characters

2.5 Rating

What did I think about The Thing About the Truth?
[image error]dissapointed, http://gifs.gifbin.com/122011/1324405547_dissapointed_chimp.gif/>
ULTIMATE DISAPPOINTMENT!!

If you read the novel Sometimes it Happen (published 2011 & also written by Barnholdt) you might have noticed quit a number of similarities. I felt that the main characters didn't quit connect to each other, nor to the readers. It was like their relationship was mutual / no biggie. Also, I hate the fact that the reason they nearly "broke up" was because the lying about virginity. I mean how lame is that! Kelsey should have just come forward and address the issue. But NO!! We have to lie. No offense honey, but you can't hide your past, because it will always be apart of you.

Another thing, I don't like how the issue between the main characters parents don't get resolved. I feel that Barnholdt just completely forgot about them. Hello! They play a major role in the main characters life too. Lastly, I really, really hate the cover. It looks awkward and a kinda of creepy. Yet, the important thing is not the cover, it's the writing and story plot. So...sorry Ms. Barnholdt, better try next year!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing About the Truth.

March 28, 2012 – Shelved