Ira's Reviews > Devastated

Devastated by R.L. Mathewson

bookshelves: abused, contemporary, first-class-bastard-hero, plenty-lol-moments, sweet-heroine, strong-heroine

4.25 stars.

Well then, it was clear from the series title, this hero probably was an asshole and he was!
That’s why I wanted to read this book, 😂

And the heroine?
I think she has a spine of steel.
She survives that years of abused with her intelligent intact, if someone telling her she is a doormat. I dare those people to be in this heroine’s shoes and see how they would react in her situation. She need therapy, that’s for sure but she strong in her own way and she need to be one to have this type of a hero falling in love and worship the ground you walk on.
Psst, I’m old enough to understand you don’t need to shout, loud, or scream to to get your point across! She was good and knew how to handle this angry man! 😘

This is a slow burn romance and you will grind your teeth and wanted to hit the hero’s head often, obviously. But I kind of like it he didn’t suddenly changed became a lovely jubbly, sweet lollipop kind of boring guy just because he fancy himself falling in love! 😳😂

I like this book, but somehow I felt somewhat it wasn’t there yet, not sure what, just wanted a bit more punch? Probably, I expected slightly darker than this, but this author wasn’t popular because her dark story, so yeah.

Oh, did you notice what he called her? 🙄😂

If you are this author’s fan, you will love this one too, I think:)

Btw, Ms. Mathewson, I know they won’t fit in this series but any chance to get Grey’s and Ryan’s story too? 😊

❤️

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devastated.

October 25, 2019 – Started Reading
October 25, 2019 – Shelved
October 25, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 25, 2019 –
3.0% "“You also have to see an anger management therapist while you’re under house arrest,” Ryan added when he felt that there was enough space between him and the bars.

For a moment, Hunter could only stare at the man he planned on killing with his bare hands. Then finally, he decided to set him straight. “Are you out of your fucking mind? I don’t have a fucking anger management problem!”

😳😂"
October 26, 2019 – Shelved as: plenty-lol-moments
October 26, 2019 – Shelved as: sweet-heroine
October 26, 2019 – Shelved as: strong-heroine
October 26, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️ Great review! Is it funny too like her Neighbors from Hell books? 🤔

message 2: by Ira (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ira Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ wrote: "Great review! Is it funny too like her Neighbors from Hell books? 🤔"

It wasn’t funny or make you LOL often like her a Neighbours from Hell series, but there is humour in this book which made the book much lighter than I was hoping for, but it was an enjoyable read:)

message 3: by Mo (new)

Mo Great review, Ira. x

message 4: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Great review Ira! I do like this author and I have a feeling I will like this one as well. xx

message 5: by Ira (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ira Mo wrote: "Great review, Ira. x"

Thank you Maura and bon weekend! xx

message 6: by Ira (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ira Karen wrote: "Great review Ira! I do like this author and I have a feeling I will like this one as well. xx"

Thank you Karen!
In that case, you probably will, it quite humorous but it wasn’t as funny as her neighbors series though:)