Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > Wicked Road to Hell

Wicked Road to Hell by Juliana Stone

3.5 of 5 Stars

Wicked Road to Hell is a solid read filled with all sorts of paranormal beings, stubborn lovers, and steamy romance.

It took me a little while to get into the story because I have not read Juliana Stone's previous series before and I was unfamiliar with the characters and the world in Wicked Road to Hell. However, I was able to catch on pretty quick. Sometime before this book, the vampire Ana had died and Declan the sorcerer had been in hell and served as Lilith's play-thing. Both characters were surprised when their paths crossed over a young man whose protection is needed. The young man bears a "mark of the seven" and if the wrong people/beings were to get a hold of him, the consequences could be disastrous. Ana and Declan put their confused feelings aside (sort of) to protect the young man with the help of the New Orleans werewolf pack leader (Ransome) and some unlikely other-worldly help. While the danger escalates for Declan in Ana, so does the heat and the chemistry between them.

Once I had a better understanding of the world and the natures of the various characters, I really enjoyed the story. Declan and Ana are both strong, determined, protective characters. I really liked Declan, he had been through some traumatic experiences in the past and he has a difficult time feeling good enough for Ana, even though he is determined to have her. Ana, she is very stubborn, at times overly so. Both her and Declan have major communication issues, and at times it was frustrating. But, they make a good couple, they can be very good for each other and I was happy with their story.

My favorite part of this book is the otherworldly nature of it. The characters actually do go to hell in this book, and I found Juliana Stone's version of hell and the demons very intriguing. For example, Samael is a strong chaos demon who walks a fine line between ally and enemy. I really loved Samael's character and I am curious about him and hope to learn more about him in future books. Beyond demons, there are vampires, various types of shifters, ghosts, sorcerers, seraphim, all types of paranormals make an appearance in Wicked Road to Hell. While the complexity of the world takes some getting used to, I love the depth and creativity of the world and I am looking forward to reading more books from this series in the future.

Paranormal Romance readers, I would recommend reading Wicked Road to Hell. I would advise reading the previous books by Juliana Stone first, but even without that background this story is interesting and the characters are engaging and likable.

*I received this book for review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Road to Hell.

March 28, 2012 – Shelved