Kathleen's Reviews > The Darkest Hour

Romance Rating 5 Stars
Action Level 4.5 Stars
Heat Level 3 Stars
Overall Rating 4 Stars

This book took off right from the beginning and kept me interested all the way through. It was exciting and had me tearing up in quite a few spots too. I absolutely loved how this story involved the whole family. They were just so caring for each other. I can't forget to mention all the hunky brothers and friends. The few love scenes were done well with some good heat to them and nothing over the top. I could feel the need that the H&h had for each other and how tortured they were over the past.

So yes, I really did like this book but not quite enough to give it 5 stars. Some of the things that happened in this book just plan out should not have happened. Also getting the bad guy could have been done with more imagination. I wanted to read about how he got caught not just the mention of it happening. That would have added some more excitement to the ending.

All and all it was a good book and I'm sure to read the next book in this series soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Hour.

March 28, 2012 – Started Reading
March 28, 2012 – Shelved
March 28, 2012 –
page 1
0.33% "I have always' wanted to try this series and after just reading an action packed book I'm ready for more :-)"
March 28, 2012 –
page 10
3.29% "OMG! The first chapter had me tearing up. The Second chapter had me routing for the good guy's to go and kick butt. The third chapter had me sitting on the edge of my seat while bullets whizzed by and bombs exploded. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE what a ride so far."
April 2, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

SheLove2Read I agree with you. The 2nd and 3rd books are much better however. I hated the hero in this one myself. I thought he was a first class SOB.

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo Great review, Kathleen!!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Excellent review Kathy :)) xx

❤️ Paulette ❤️Terrific review, Lady ❤️"