Kristin (Young Adult Book Haven)'s Reviews > The Iron Knight

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Mar 28, 2012

bookshelves: 2012

Ok, so I first need to say that this book was definitely my favorite out of the whole series. It is probably because I am so in love with Ash. I enjoyed the adventure and journey throughout this book the most. With our favorite characters along, Ash journeys along to get a human soul so that he can finally join Meghan in the Iron Realm. This book was narrated and told completely from Ash's point of view and I loved that. I feel like most young adult books (maybe just the one's I read) are told from a girl's point of view and I felt like we really got to see who Ash was this time because of that. The tests and trials that he had to go through to earn a human soul were heartwrenching for me and I really felt his character developing and changing throughout the whole book. I went through what felt like a million emotions while I was reading, I laughed at Puck who was always there for the comic relief and to put a smile on my face, and I cried (yep, I did) with Ash as he came to the realization of what it means to be a human and to have a soul.

This was a really great conclusion to an amazing series. I really felt like the questions were answered and all the opened ended questions were wrapped up. Although the focus of this book was not on Meghan this time, I loved that I still felt her character throughout the story. I was in awe of the loyalty that Ash showed even when he was wavering and unsure of what he was going to do. Puck and Ash's friendship finally becomes what it has always secretly been and all the loose ends with their future friendship are tied up. But, if you haven't read it yet their was one character who is in this book who suprised (at least me) when they joined the story. I never saw it coming and it had me a little mad at Ash for parts of the book :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

March 28, 2012 – Started Reading