Kirsty's Reviews > The Other Half of Me

Mar 28, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: never-read-again, free-amazon-vine-books
Read from March 28 to April 01, 2012

I loved the sound of this book, but by the end of it I found myself rather disappointed and slightly bored.

The book had a good start, and I really did feel that the author was setting the scene for a really emotive journey. However as the book went on, and years and years were passing I started to wonder exactly where the plot was heading and why it was taking so long to get there.

I ended the book feeling very frustrated, as there did not seem to be any definite plot to the book and I did not see the point of it at all. The book did detail a whole childhood, adolescence and early adulthood... but then just ended.

I felt that the book was a continuous back story, almost half a book really. There was much detail and scene setting, but no real direction or objective for the book.

It left me feeling unfulfilled and disappointed. A shame really as the author obviously has talent which was shown with some very beautiful descriptions and similes throughout the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Half of Me.

03/28 page 85
03/30 page 153
58.0% "This one is slow going... :("
01/22 marked as: read