Laura's Reviews > 12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn

12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn by James Proimos

Mar 28, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: humor, romance, young-adult, realistic-fiction, reviews, what-was-the-point-of-that-book
Read from April 27 to May 02, 2012

I picked this book up from the library shelves because it looked like a nice, quick read, and with a title like that, how could it not be good? Unfortunately, that was not quite the case.

It was a quick read, for sure. I limited myself to 20 pages a day and those only took me about 10 minutes each, if that. Most of the humor was sarcastic and funny, so until about the 80th page I quite liked it. But after 80 pages, don't you expect something to happen? Shouldn't the storyline change at least a little? But here it was, the same thing, Hercules is just going after this Thelma girl still. Nothing exciting and new is happening, it's just the same thing the whole time.

In a book as short as this, I don't expect much character development. But with Hercule's list of things to do, I at least thought he would learn a few things about himself or life. Maybe his view on something would change, he would stop hating his dad, something. But nothing like that happened. I felt that there was no sort of closure at all when I finally closed the book. It was like I was still waiting for the climax.

All in all, it was a quick read. That's it; nothing special.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn.

05/02/2012 page 91