Larissa's Reviews > The Last Time I Saw You

The Last Time I Saw You by Liv Constantine

20698

did not like it
bookshelves: 2019, crime-fiction, spontaneous-reads, read-while-traveling, english-usa, not-my-style

I read about this book and then picked it up on a whim to read when suffering from what I've started referring to 'pudding brain' on my commute. And it was very clear from the first chapter or so that I am definitely not this book's 'ideal reader.' I know there are people for whom reading about the trials and tribulations of rich people–replete with descriptions of houses and lifestyles that seem like they've been plucked out of a Regency-era English drama–is appealing. Myself, if I'm going to read a book where there a house has its own staff and women get injured while 'out riding,' it had better be a Jane Austen novel.

And yet, in spite of passages that includes such gems as "She grabbed her iPad from the counter, went to Google, and typed 'Pop Goes the Weasel Meaning.' [...] The only common thread seemed to be that it referred to the poor. Was this another dig at her for her wealth?'" I kept reading–mostly just to see if the I'd correctly clocked the twist within the first two chapters. Reader: I had.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Time I Saw You.

October 18, 2019 – Started Reading