destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]'s Reviews > Bird Brain: Comics About Mental Health, Starring Pigeons

Bird Brain by Chuck Mullin

I loved Chuck Mullin's little pigeon comics, so when I saw that she was releasing this collection, I jumped at the chance to read it — and I'm so glad I did.

The comics are spaced out with a couple of pages here and there that tell the author's own story with her mental illness, treatment, and her journey to the self-love she's begun to find for herself, and it's really wonderful and touching. I definitely teared up a few times over how much I related to her thoughts and worries, but it was also so comforting to see that she's found things that work for her, and it gives me hope that I can find things that work for me, too. (I've even opted to steal a few of her ideas, like saying one kind thing to yourself in the mirror every day)

If you struggle with mental illness at all, especially anxiety and depression, I can't recommend this collection enough. You'll laugh, you'll get all kinds of Feels™, and I can almost guarantee you'll love these little anxious pigeons as much as I did.

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bird Brain.

October 23, 2019 – Shelved