Nikki Malan's Reviews > Deviant King

Deviant King by Rina Kent

Deviant King by Rina Kent
Aiden King is one of the four horsemen at RES. He lives up to his reputation of being a King and nobody dares to cross him. When Elsa first starts school, he threatens her and for the next two years, her life is hell while his underlings do all the bullying on his behalf. Elsa has one friend at school, Kim, and she seems to be one of the outcasts as well. So they try to stay out of the way of the horsemen. But when King decides it’s time to play with Elsa, she stands up to him, fed up with being bullied, except she had no idea that this King is more a villain. He is dark, demanding, and pretty scary at times. I loved that Elsa stood her ground most times and I had empathy for her as well. Her life has not been easy, with losing her parents to a fire and having no memory of her past. While most part of the story is about King terrorizing Else until she submits to him and becomes his. Then we see a very possessive King, extremely jealous and ready to kill anyone who touches what he considers his. Just when Elsa starts to let her walls come down, she discovers an explosive secret that has her running for the hills. Is it time for Elsa to go back to her Dr and ask him to help her with her memory? And will she be able to play the game with King knowing what she has just found out? Is she in more danger than she realizes? And has King just been biding his time, ready to pounce at any moment? The writing flowed and the storyline was gripping. There were parts I question if it was not borderline abuse where Aiden is concerned, but Elsa did not seem to view it like that. We are left on a cliff hanger and the story has left me wanting more. I can't wait for book 2.
Hot books and Sassy Girls
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deviant King.

October 21, 2019 – Started Reading