SarahSmith's Reviews > Shepherd's Moon

Shepherd's Moon by Stacy Mantle

I received this as part of a Goodreads group Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics: Read to Review giveaway. Overall I ended up really enjoying this book although it was a bit inconsistent. Anyone who has read my reviews knows my main issue with new series' (a lot of set-up/background information makes for sometimes boring starts) so I'm just going to say despite this, by the end of the book I couldn't put it down! The concept of a were-whisperer was very original and refreshing. The characters were for the most part engaging (I did want to smack Billy around a bit with his mood swings), the plot was intriguing, the romantic aspect of the book was very subtle and also a bit refreshing, since a lot of the better book romances don't have anything 'happening' for at least a few books. I really hope that the author writes more books for this series since I can't wait to find out what's going to happen with Tristan and Alex (if they even pursue anything; which they should...hint, hint), and since there are many 'minor' characters that could potentially 'own' their own series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shepherd's Moon.

March 28, 2012 – Started Reading