Rachel's Reviews > Adoring Abigail

Adoring Abigail by Chalon Linton

U 50x66

Adoring Abigail is a fun, sweet historical fiction read with a lot of heart. I love when the characters grow and develop throughout a story. Abigail and Mr. Wilkins demonstrated a willingness to trust, share and open their hearts to allow that process of change to take place and to heal from past hurts and wounds. Though they had different challenge to deal with, they helped each other and a sweet friendship, and then love, developed between them. They each needed a confidence boost, Abigail with her speech impediment and worth as a person despite it. And Mr. Wilkins needed confirmation that he was worthy of the great inheritance left to him and that he would succeed with the great responsibility he now has. They both looked for the good in each other and supported each other when they most needed it, reminding the reader about what is truly important in life and how to seek true happiness. Robert is a character in another book by Chalon Linton and it was fun to read his story and see him get his own happily ever after. The side characters are well written, the friends are a great support and the not so good ones are downright mean, as all good villains should be. Adoring Abigail was a delight to read and I highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion and review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adoring Abigail.

October 23, 2019 – Shelved