Carla's Reviews > Ireland Rose

Mar 28, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: ebook, own, 2014
Read from July 21 to 27, 2014

Another one of those christian fiction. It isn't preachy but the protagonist does have a tendency to cry a lot. I lost count of how many times her eyes would fill or well up with tears. There was also too many eye rolls. I thought of giving up but I was curious about Captain Wyatt so I kept reading. It was a pity he wasn't the main protagonist, I think I would like the book better. The plot is way too much predictable and the last third of the book it seems way too rushed after the very slow, and I mean *really* slow, pace of the story. The change of heart comes way to sudden and almost out of nowhere.

The book could also use a proofreader, I'm not a native English speaker but there seemed to be errors, and a bit of better editing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ireland Rose.

07/21/2014 marked as: currently-reading
07/22/2014
12.0% "I started reading this because after Atwood I need to settle my ideas but it could be a bit better. It's not a good sign when I start rolling my eyes"
07/24/2014
22.0% "Nothing seems to happen. And don't blame God for signing papers you shouldn't. People told you that guy wasn't to be trusted. You should think God sent you does people to advise you. It's your own fault if after that you signed the papers."
07/28/2014 marked as: read