Dianne's Reviews > Under a Vampire Moon

Mar 28, 2012

bookshelves: galleys-arcs
Read from March 28 to April 04, 2012

Under a Vampire Moon –Lynsay Sands
I have been reading Lynsay Sands forever! Or so it seems. Her Vamp series was starting to get a little old; using all of Ms Sands earlier plot devices several times in different books, and I was ready to give up and stick with her historical romances.. Now I’m glad I didn’t because this book, while it does contain some elements of yore, it has a lighter, fresher feel. There is fewer explanations of how these are not vamps but Nano infused and therefore more efficient blood drinking immortals. . The vampire (Christian Notte) isn’t all dark and broody and the female protagonist (Carolyn Conner) is not a young woman with no life experience.

Christian never expected to find his life mate when he goes to the Caribbean to play with his band, yet that is exactly what he does…of course his mother found Carolyn first while Marguerite was on her own honeymoon! This was such a cute idea and one that the author really plays to the hilt, yet not in an annoying way.

One of the things that stand in the way of Carolyn really having a relationship with Christian is that she believes he is a homosexual. A ploy he is using (that his cousin came up with) to calm her fears about being so much younger than he is and being so attracted to him, and he is hoping to have her be his beard so she will come to like and trust him. Imagine Caro’s surprise when she starts having very sexy dreams about Christian; ones that feel very real. Carolyn may have been married before and is in the midst of a divorce, but we find out that her husband had a teeny-weeny, but a HUGE ego and she has not known the comfort of a man’s arms for about 7 years.

How can a lasting relationship come of one that starts out with lies? I wasn’t sure I was going to agree with this idea, but Ms Sands really does make it work and I feel that she never once was offensive in her usage of Carolyn as a ‘beard’.

Try this book especially if you haven’t been keeping up with the series, you may go back to it as I have done. I am now eagerly filling in all the books that I may have missed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under a Vampire Moon.

Dianne Under a Vampire Moon –Lynsay Sands

message 2: by Pat (new)

Pat Thanks Diane, I felt exactly the same way....her books had lost the " sparkle" and fun. I will definitely put her back on my list!!