Kate's Reviews > The Mulholland Files

The Mulholland Files by Sandy Jones

bookshelves: netgalley, reviewed

Another fun story found on NetGalley.

I enjoyed my experience with Edward and Abby, I don't feel like I have gotten to know either of them very well, but they entertained me for our few hours together. This was a fast-paced thriller. There was quite a bit of intrigue and I was never sure who (if anyone) I should trust.

Being unfamiliar with British Intelligence and the general geography in this book, I may not have gotten as much out of this read as another reader. However, I did find myself wrapped up in the intrigue as Edward and Abby moved through their region and investigated the super secret plans of some in the espionage world.

I would have liked to see the characters more fully explored. I felt I couldn't keep all of Edward's former colleagues straight and never trusted any of them. But for a debut novel, that may have been part of keeping the reader guessing.

There were some convenient coincidences to make Edward and Abby's experiences more comfortable. Anyone have a couple of spare houses and cars just laying around? It is a different life than mine, but I found it a bit unlikely at times.

Still, this was an interesting adventure into a conspiracy that was tightly drawn. I would recommend this story to others and would happily get better acquainted with the main pair and their future exploits.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for my review copy. I leave this review voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mulholland Files.

October 22, 2019 – Shelved