Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Immortal Born

Immortal Born by Lynsay Sands

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-kittyangel

I know I start off my reviews about the Argeneau series the same but, this is the 30th book in the Argeneau series and I am amazed that there aren’t plot repeats. Now, was this one of my favorites? Unfortunately, no. After following the series for so long and loving all the Argeneau’s, there were errors that really stood out. Also, it felt like there was a lot of filler in this story just to get it from point A to point B. I was thrilled with the story line and with the characters but, after so many books, you would think that there would be a way to check to make sure everything was correct.
Allie was fearless throughout the story. She came to terms, immediately, with her fate because she would do whatever she had to do to protect Liam. She didn’t expect that she would fall in love through it all.

Magnus was skeptical that Allie was his life-mate but made the trip to America to find out. As soon as he saw her, he knew. Now, he has to protect her and get her to understand that there is a difference between Vampires and Immortals. She got it quicker that he thought she would and she accepted it better than some others. Now, he had to explain life-mates and exactly what it would mean to them. But, there isn’t much time for that. He’s in love and she’s gone. Now, it’s time to get her back and show her exactly what she’s in for, for eternity. I enjoyed the story as long as I overlooked the errors and I had no choice but to skim over some parts of the book that seemed repetitive. But, Lynsay Sands knows how to weave a story … she knows when to bring in the humor, how to bring the drama to it’s height and then bring us a fun and beautiful happily-ever-after. Allies’ and Magnus’ story was fresh, new and special.

Review copy provided for a voluntary review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal Born.

Started Reading