Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)'s Reviews > Luminosity

Luminosity by Stephanie  Thomas

Mar 27, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, review-copy, paranormal, fantasy, e-book, blog-tour, owned-and-read

Wow this book was amazing, I've had this on my wishlist for a very long time now and so I was excited to take part in this blog tour.
This book was so much better than I could ever have imagined!
When a Seer is born they are separated from their families and taken to a place called the Institution, it's here where their every vision is recorded by the Keeper, whom interprets their visions to keep the Citizens safe from the Dreamcatchers.

Bea is the strongest of the Seer's, and she has already had a vision that has stopped a threat against the Citizens.
But she suddenly starts having visions and dreaming about the deaths of everyone in the Institution, and the voice of a boy named Echo, whom Bea soon starts to develop feelings for, but she also has feelings for her best friend Gabe, but when Echo tells her that he must save her and she must save him, he lets her know that not everything is as it seems, she starts to wonder and question the real motives of the Institution.

This is such a well written story, I read this in one sitting it is that addictive you don't want to put it down, the characters are well fleshed out and the world building is extremely well done.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the next book in this fantastic series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luminosity.

March 27, 2012 – Shelved
October 26, 2012 – Shelved as: fantasy
October 26, 2012 – Shelved as: blog-tour
page 9
page 67
23.76% "I'm loving this book so far!"
page 119