Leslie's Reviews > Speaking from Among the Bones

Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley

bookshelves: england, mystery, series, library-book

Wow! I admit I wasn't expecting much with this latest installment of my very favorite mystery series. Not because it hasn't alway been wonderful, but because I've never read a series that kept on being wonderful so long. This one was most excellent. I have just closed the book and must tell you that the last sentence caused me to leap off the couch, throw off my snuggy in the most unladylike fashion and shriek and hoop and holler. What a surprise! I had been wondering about "it" since the first book and now this. But wait, it was not exactly explained, just dropped on ya like a mind blowing bomb. Now I am positively TORTURED at the realization that I shall have to wait God only knows how long for the next one. Oh, someone sedate me till then.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Speaking from Among the Bones.

March 27, 2012 – Shelved
February 6, 2013 – Started Reading
February 10, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Leslie Yay! It's here! It's finally here. And I have a lovely rainy day full of cups of tea and nothing much else to keep me from it. Hello couch, hello snuggy, here I come.

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim It's so good when a series continues to please.

Elizabeth Leslie, I just finished the book and that was pretty much my reaction too! Well, I didn't hoop and holler, but I am now counting the days till Bradley's next book is published.

Leslie Torture, isn't it?

Bethany I finished it last night and let out a rather unladylike expression of flabbergastment. If you find anyone willing to sedate you, send them over to my house afterwards! ;)

Leslie Melee wrote: "I finished it last night and let out a rather unladylike expression of flabbergastment. If you find anyone willing to sedate you, send them over to my house afterwards! ;)"

Ha! You too!? P.s. still waiting for my therapeutic sedation over here.

Elizabeth I wish there was a cone of silence on this site so those of us who have read the book could discuss the end without spoiling it for others.

Leslie Elizabeth wrote: "I wish there was a cone of silence on this site so those of us who have read the book could discuss the end without spoiling it for others."

That's a good idea Elizabeth. I shall start a "discussion". I forget about that GR feature.

Leslie There already was a discussion!

message 10: by LJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

LJ I felt the same way!!!! How could Alan Bradley do me like that?!?!? Can't wait for next instalment!

Elizabeth Leslie wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I wish there was a cone of silence on this site so those of us who have read the book could discuss the end without spoiling it for others."

That's a good idea Elizabeth. I sha..."

Where?? Where is/was the discussion???

Leslie Elizabeth wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I wish there was a cone of silence on this site so those of us who have read the book could discuss the end without spoiling it for others."

That's a good idea El..."

That's a good idea El..."

On your own page there is a tab that is usually selected to see everyone's activity but rightnext to it is another, "Discussions", and it will automatically list any discussions for books you have shelved in some way.

Thelma Oh, friends, wasn't it a wonder?!! We are all atop the pin cushion together, right where Mr. Bradley wants us.

Leslie Thelma wrote: "Oh, friends, wasn't it a wonder?!! We are all atop the pin cushion together, right where Mr. Bradley wants us."

It's kinda fun, huh?

Debby Thank you so much for not spoiling while making me extra-super-amazingly excited about whipping through this installment!!!! I love the series and am excited to know that I have a special treat awaiting me at the end of this one.

Debby O.M.G!!!!!