Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews's Reviews > One Week ’Til Christmas: The perfect holiday romance this Christmas!

One Week ’Til Christmas by Belinda Missen

bookshelves: romance, chick-lit, romcom

You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

One Week ‘Til Christmas was cozy, lighthearted and heartwarming romantic comedy with Christmassy feel. The book was about passion, dream, workplace relationship, love friendship, trust, and Christmas luck.

This was my second Belinda Missen book. Writing was charming. It was first person narrative in Isobel’s charming voice. Characters were interesting, setting was magical, filled with festivity and romance was sweet.

It started with Isobel, a travel writer, landing in London for her one week holiday, excited for her favorite festival in favorite country where her best friend lived. But on very first day she fell with her ass in gutter. Moreover, her boss insisted her to take interview of a famous person. A work during holidays! Now you will think that’s not so good and all excitement might have went down in gutter… Nope! The person she was asked to interview was the one because of whom she was in gutter, a handsome tally star, who fell into her lap on that (un)lucky day, who left her daydreaming. There was a spark and instant attraction. This forced work meeting turned to many lovely romantic meetings. I had a feeling her one week till Christmas in London was going to be fun but what after that? Is there just attraction or more? Will she let herself fall for person whom she was going to leave after a week?

Isobel was fun, smart and friendly person. She loved her job and her passion for travelling and her love for Christmas was contagious. She was wonderful throughout the book. Her thoughts and feelings were realistic. I could understand her situation with her family and I adored her for loving them even after their unfair treatment.

Tom was a TV star. As much eye pleasing he was outside, he was equally beautiful inside. Even though he was popular, he didn’t have a speck of ego. He was even cool with Isobel who never watched his show, in fact she didn’t even know who he was until her boss sent her details. What more do you need to know! He was true gentleman and I loved him for that.

What I loved most the setting and romance. It was magical. Their sightseeing and meetings were so beautiful, Christmas market, shopping Centre, food and cafes left me wanting to pack my suitcase and leave to spend Christmas in London.

I loved Isobel and Tom’s relationship. They were similar in many things and they feel connected ever since their second meeting. There was a spark in first meeting but that spark grew into friendship, adoration and love, a love so deep they will follow each other anywhere. It all happened in less than 200 pages and still didn’t feel rushed. At first it did have insta-love feel but author did give characters enough time to know each other better. I enjoyed conversation between these two. Their views towards their life and dream, their family issue because of their work and why they choose the particular profession, it was all so realistic and inspiring.

The theme of following dream, take steps to make those dreams real no matter how tough it can be to balance work and family was brilliant. The workplace relationship issue was presented nicely through that horrible boss.

As soon as I got to know little about characters I kind of knew where this will head and how it will end. But that turn at climax was good, not exactly what I expected. And then that proposal, it was so beautiful and heart melting. End and epilogue was lovely, beautiful and I feel so good after reading this book.

Overall, it was packed with magical setting, developed characters, and lovely Christmas feel. If you love one of the character falling for celebrity arc, just go for this.

*** Note: I received e-copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to Rachel and publisher. ***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Week ’Til Christmas.

October 19, 2019 – Started Reading