Teresa's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

20600872

**I received a copy of Some Like it Plaid from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review. These are my opinions and were not solicited in any way**

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles is what I hope it the first book in a series with the men of Connell's village. Ms. Quarles is a new author to me so I'm definitely going to check out her other books.

Being the eldest son of the Chief when a meeting is called to solve the lack of marriageable women in their village, Connell is chosen to go and find a solution. Their Druid Mungan offers to send one person into time and he volunteers. When he lands in San Francisco 2019 he doesn't understand why no one wants to be his wife. So with the help of Emperor Norton (Another story that is worth reading) he places an ad on Craigslist for a "Scottish Lass Wanted". Little does he know that when Ashley answers the ad that she'll have to adjust to 1292 AD where things are not equal to women. Can he be able to convince her that organizing the women of the village is not accepted in his time? When they are attacked again and Ashley disobeys his orders to rescue the elderly can he convince her to stay?

Ashley Miller is working 2 jobs and making jewelry for her Etsy shop to pay of her ex-husband's debts all while dodging bookies wanting money from said hubby's bad bets. When she answers Connell's ad and washing and cleaning really means you have do this and the bucket in the corner of the hut? Yep, that's the bathroom and it needs to be emptied daily. She'll have a signal tower built to warn everyone of an impending attack, help the elders escape plus transport a pregnant mom with a baby on the way get to the Castle Keep when she leaves it will be the women she helped tell him that he'd better convince Ashley to stay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

October 20, 2019 – Shelved